- Cooking Time: 360
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 (.18 ounce) packet sazon seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large red potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- Wash the chicken and pat dry; place into a large bowl. Season with adobo seasoning, sazon seasoning, and salt. Place the legs into a slow cooker, and cover with the potato slices.
- Puree the red pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, wine, cumin, and oregano in a blender. Pour over the chicken and add the bay leaves.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken is easily removed from the bone.
Notes"Seasoned chicken drumsticks and potatoes are slowly cooked in a puree of bell peppers, onion, and cilantro in this authentic Puerto Rican Pollo Fricassee. You can either make in on the stove or in your slow cooker. It is delicious and very easy to make! Serve with white rice, tostones and a nice salad."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
MetroCooking DC 2013
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More