- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 small servings
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis dish is all of the deliciousness of your mami and abuelas pollo milanesa, breaded chicken cutlet, but with a healthier twist. It’s baked not fried and your whole family will love it and not even notice it’s much healthier. ¡Buen provecho!
- 1 pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons adobo
- Coconut Oil or EVOO Light
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat a flat baking sheet with coconut oil spray; I prefer the Trader Joe’s brand, or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Light, EVOO Light.
- 2. Set out two bowls: one with beaten egg white and one with seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs.
- 3. Mix in two-three table spoons of adobo, GOYA, all purpose seasoning into the whole wheat bread crumbs for a little extra Latin flavor.
- 4. Make sure to slice your boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half so they are on the thinner side.
- 5. After cleaning the chicken, dip the chicken into the egg and shake off any excess. Then dip it into the seasoned bread crumbs.
- 6. Lay the pollo milanesa on the baking sheet. Sprinkle some coconut oil or EVOO Light over the top of each chicken piece.
- 7. Lastly, bake for about 10 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is white in the middle. Bake time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.