- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 small servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons adobo
- Coconut Oil or EVOO Light
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat a flat baking sheet with coconut oil spray; I prefer the Trader Joe’s brand, or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Light, EVOO Light.
- 2. Set out two bowls: one with beaten egg white and one with seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs.
- 3. Mix in two-three table spoons of adobo, GOYA, all purpose seasoning into the whole wheat bread crumbs for a little extra Latin flavor.
- 4. Make sure to slice your boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half so they are on the thinner side.
- 5. After cleaning the chicken, dip the chicken into the egg and shake off any excess. Then dip it into the seasoned bread crumbs.
- 6. Lay the pollo milanesa on the baking sheet. Sprinkle some coconut oil or EVOO Light over the top of each chicken piece.
- 7. Lastly, bake for about 10 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is white in the middle. Bake time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
NotesThis dish is all of the deliciousness of your mami and abuelas pollo milanesa, breaded chicken cutlet, but with a healthier twist. It’s baked not fried and your whole family will love it and not even notice it’s much healthier. ¡Buen provecho!