- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb ground beef (914g)
- a bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 cup parmigiano cheese, freshly grated (235ml)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, finely grated (235ml)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated (5g)
- 3/4 cup milk (176ml)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (58ml)
- large lemon leaves, 2 per meatball
- Place ground beef, parsley, salt, pepper, parmigiano cheese, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, milk and extra virgin olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Scoop mixture into the palm of your hands and form a meatball.
- Flatten out the meatball so that it resembles a meat patty. Place the meat patty between two lemon leaves.
- Repeat process until mixture is consumed.
- Cook on a grill for a few minutes on each side. As they cook, the oils from the lemon leaves will infuse the meat patties with lemon flavour.
- Use a tong to securely lift and turn over each meat patty so that it remains sandwiched between the two lemon leaves as it cooks.
- Transfer the meat patties (still sandwiched between the lemon leaves) to a serving platter and serve immediately.
- Your guests should discard the lemon leaves and eat the meat patties.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
50 Shades of Taste
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More