POLPETTE DI VIOTTRIO BBQ-ITALIAN
- 2 lb ground beef (914g)
- a bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 cup parmigiano cheese, freshly grated (235ml)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, finely grated (235ml)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated (5g)
- 3/4 cup milk (176ml)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (58ml)
- large lemon leaves, 2 per meatball
- Place ground beef, parsley, salt, pepper, parmigiano cheese, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, milk and extra virgin olive oil in a mixing bowl.
Mix all the ingredients together well.
Scoop mixture into the palm of your hands and form a meatball.
Flatten out the meatball so that it resembles a meat patty. Place the meat patty between two lemon leaves.
Repeat process until mixture is consumed.
Cook on a grill for a few minutes on each side. As they cook, the oils from the lemon leaves will infuse the meat patties with lemon flavour.
Use a tong to securely lift and turn over each meat patty so that it remains sandwiched between the two lemon leaves as it cooks.
Transfer the meat patties (still sandwiched between the lemon leaves) to a serving platter and serve immediately.
Your guests should discard the lemon leaves and eat the meat patties.