- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise, bottom half only
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple slices, drained, save liquid
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced in rings
- Heat broiler. Combine beef and egg in a medium size mixing bowl. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the bottom half of the bread, and spreading over the edges. Sprinkle with pepper. Broil for 9 to 10 minutes or until well browned.
- Meanwhile, using a small saucepan, mix 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice with the brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, then cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove browned hamburger from the broiler and brush with some of the pineapple glaze. Cut pineapple slices in half and arrange alternating with pepper rings on top of the hamburger. Brush with remaining glaze and broil for two minutes or until glaze is bubbly. Serves 6.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More