- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise, bottom half only
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple slices, drained, save liquid
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced in rings
- Heat broiler. Combine beef and egg in a medium size mixing bowl. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the bottom half of the bread, and spreading over the edges. Sprinkle with pepper. Broil for 9 to 10 minutes or until well browned.
- Meanwhile, using a small saucepan, mix 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice with the brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, then cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove browned hamburger from the broiler and brush with some of the pineapple glaze. Cut pineapple slices in half and arrange alternating with pepper rings on top of the hamburger. Brush with remaining glaze and broil for two minutes or until glaze is bubbly. Serves 6.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More