POLYNESIAN FRUIT SALAD
Polynesian Fruit Salad
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: Eight
- Preparation Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 2 Cups ripe papaya, diced
- 2 Cups fresh pineapple, diced or 2 Cups of canned pineapple chunks
- 2 Cups fresh or canned mango. diced
- 2 Cups lychee*
- 2 Cups canned star fruit*, sliced
- 2 Cups canned Jackfruit*
- 1 Cup kumquats, diced
- 2 Cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Whipped Cream
- 6 Cups pineapple juice
- 2 Cups orange juice
- 6 Tablespoons honey (preferably passion fruit honey)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- *These products can be purchased at your local Asian food markets
Combine all fruit, coconut, ginger and orange peel into a large glass bowl (never use a metal bowl).
In a medium saucepan mix juices and honey.
Stir over medium heat until honey is dissolved, set aside until cool
Pour sauce over fruit mixture, mix well; place in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
When ready to serve, pour fruit salad into individual bowls and add a bit of whipped cream.