- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: Eight
- Preparation Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 2 Cups ripe papaya, diced
- 2 Cups fresh pineapple, diced or 2 Cups of canned pineapple chunks
- 2 Cups fresh or canned mango. diced
- 2 Cups lychee*
- 2 Cups canned star fruit*, sliced
- 2 Cups canned Jackfruit*
- 1 Cup kumquats, diced
- 2 Cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Whipped Cream
- 6 Cups pineapple juice
- 2 Cups orange juice
- 6 Tablespoons honey (preferably passion fruit honey)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- *These products can be purchased at your local Asian food markets
- Combine all fruit, coconut, ginger and orange peel into a large glass bowl (never use a metal bowl).
- In a medium saucepan mix juices and honey.
- Stir over medium heat until honey is dissolved, set aside until cool
- Pour sauce over fruit mixture, mix well; place in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour fruit salad into individual bowls and add a bit of whipped cream.
NotesThe original recipe we found in our Hawaii Kai cookbook, but that recipe didn't have enough fruit for our taste and the sauce we changed to make it child friendly, because the sauce in the Hawai Kai was made with brandy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More