- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Stir pineapple into sausage mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
NotesPolynesian food is always one of the best. The pineapple sweetness adds so much to the falvor of meat. This is fast & the smoke sausage give it an outdoor cooked taste. Smells so good cooking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More