- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Stir pineapple into sausage mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
NotesPolynesian food is always one of the best. The pineapple sweetness adds so much to the falvor of meat. This is fast & the smoke sausage give it an outdoor cooked taste. Smells so good cooking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Summertime SippersSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More