POMEGRANATE CUPCAKES WITH TANGERINE MASCARPONE FROSTING
- Tangerine Mascarpone Frosting
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese, whatever you fancy)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of tangerine juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
What You'll Do...
1) Let the butter and cream cheese come to room temperature. Beat them together until well combined.
2) Add the poweder sugar and then the zest. Add more powdered sugar if you want for desired thickness. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes; you may need to let this chill first before piping.
Note: As with all cupcakes, I highly suggest you let these sit overnight to let the flavors meld. It makes for a much tastier cupcake.