- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4c sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4c lowfat buttermilk
- 2 tsp grated lime rind
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- cooking spray/butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat sugar and butter at med. high speed until well blended about 7 minutes.
- Add eggs and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine buttermilk, rind, vanilla and baking soda. Lightly sppon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Combine flour and salt, stirring well with a wisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture. Fold in pomegranate seeds.
- Spoon batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More