- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail in heavy syrup*
- 9 ounces (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup orange sherbet
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Ice cream scoop
- Do ahead: In a blender, purée entire can of fruit cocktail. Set fruit cocktail purée aside in a separate bowl/pitcher. Rinse blender bowl and return to base.
- To make three drinks: In a blender, add fruit cocktail purée, pomegranate juice and orange sherbet. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice, add ice to blender and blend until smooth. Pour into pint glasses. Garnish with whipped cream.
- Tip: Add 1-1/2 ounces pomegranate-flavored vodka to turn this into an adult-only treat.
- Serving glass: 16-ounce pint glass
- Servings: 3
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 180; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 30mg; Carbohydrate 44g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1g; Vitamin A 4%DV**; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 4%DV
- *Note: One, 15-ounce can of fruit cocktail in heavy syrup makes 3 drinks.
- ** Daily Value
NotesSweet, tart, cool -- and nourishing! This thick shake combines puréed canned fruit, juice and sherbet with slushy ice. Perfect for a hot summer day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More