- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail in heavy syrup*
- 9 ounces (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup orange sherbet
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Ice cream scoop
- Do ahead: In a blender, purée entire can of fruit cocktail. Set fruit cocktail purée aside in a separate bowl/pitcher. Rinse blender bowl and return to base.
- To make three drinks: In a blender, add fruit cocktail purée, pomegranate juice and orange sherbet. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice, add ice to blender and blend until smooth. Pour into pint glasses. Garnish with whipped cream.
- Tip: Add 1-1/2 ounces pomegranate-flavored vodka to turn this into an adult-only treat.
- Serving glass: 16-ounce pint glass
- Servings: 3
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 180; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 30mg; Carbohydrate 44g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1g; Vitamin A 4%DV**; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 4%DV
- *Note: One, 15-ounce can of fruit cocktail in heavy syrup makes 3 drinks.
- ** Daily Value
NotesSweet, tart, cool -- and nourishing! This thick shake combines puréed canned fruit, juice and sherbet with slushy ice. Perfect for a hot summer day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More