- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (such as POM)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 mint leaves
- In a saucepan, heat water and sugar to boiling over high heat. Boil the syrup for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the syrup, pomegranate juice, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze as directed by the manufacturer. For mine, it takes about half an hour. If desired, transfer sorbet to an airtight container and freeze for 2 hours to firm and “ripen” before serving.
- Scoop the sorbet into martini glasses or sundae dishes and garnish each with a mint leaf for an elegant looking dessert.
NotesThis is based on several sorbet recipes that came with my ice cream maker.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More