- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (such as POM)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 mint leaves
- In a saucepan, heat water and sugar to boiling over high heat. Boil the syrup for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the syrup, pomegranate juice, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze as directed by the manufacturer. For mine, it takes about half an hour. If desired, transfer sorbet to an airtight container and freeze for 2 hours to firm and “ripen” before serving.
- Scoop the sorbet into martini glasses or sundae dishes and garnish each with a mint leaf for an elegant looking dessert.
NotesThis is based on several sorbet recipes that came with my ice cream maker.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The NourishFull Kitchen
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
HOLZER FAMILY'S BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CAKE
Alfresco Salad (Kidney Beans and Veggie Salad)
Banana Pudding CakeSee More