- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups cake flour (sifted)
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Few drops of red food coloring
- For the syrup:
- 2 5oz cans of evaporated milk
- 7 oz of sweetened condensed milk (half a 14 oz can)
- 1 cup of half and half
- 2/3 cup of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- For the icing:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins.
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, add 5 egg yolks, ½ cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons salted butter. Beat on low speed till mixture is nice and buttery.
- 2. Add 1 ½ cups sifted cake flour, 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla, 1/3 cup milk, 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder, and a few drops of red food coloring . Mix till combined.
- 3. In a separate bowl, beat 5 egg whites with the whisk attachment. Add in ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar and the remaining ¼ cup of sugar. Continue whisking till peaks are light and fluffy.
- 4. Lightly fold the egg white mixture into the cake mix.
- 5. Pour the cake mix into the tins till it reaches the top of the tin.
- 6. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- 7. While cupcakes are baking, combine 2 5oz. cans of evaporated milk, 7 oz. of sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup of half and half, and 2/3 cup of POM Wonderful.
- 8. Allow cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes. When cool, take a toothpick and poke about a dozen little holes into each cupcake. Place the cupcakes in a cake pan and pour the syrup mixture completely over all the cupcakes. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- 9. For the icing, pour one cup of heavy whipping cream, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla into a bowl. Whip till you have delicious homemade whipped cream.
- 10. For the martini look, pour a few tablespoon of sugar into a plastic bag. Add a few drops of POM Wonderful and shake well. Pour the colored sugar onto a plate. Pour a few tablespoons of POM Wonderful onto another plate---just enough to coat the bottom of the plate. Dip the rim of the glass in the POM Wonderful and then dip it into the sugar. Place a bit of whipped cream in the bottom of the glass to stabilize, put the moist cupcake on top, frost, and garnish with pomegranate arils. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More