- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 head thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 package rainbow corkscrew noodles (poodle)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese*
- 1/2 stick butter
- Optional: garlic (freshly grated or powdered)
- Optional: 1 thinly sliced yellow onion
- Optional: 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- *Bowtie pasta makes the non-Poodle variety of this recipe
- Prepare pasta according to directions, drain and set aside in same pot as prepared.
- Melt butter in large frying pan or wok.
- If using optional ingredients: lightly saute in butter (except sunflower seeds).
- Add shredded cabbage and continue to saute until limp and translucent.
- Pour sauted mixture into pot with drained pasta.
- Add parmesan cheese, season to taste, mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with optional sunflower seeds.
NotesThis is one of my oldest original recipes. When my son was young, he would have happily eaten it daily. We still love it as a comfort food and the cabbage makes it guiltless!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More