- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix this all in a bowl (at least 5 inches deep) that goes in the oven. (casserole dish will do; no covers)
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Mix together flour,salt and baking powder, add to sugar and shortening mix, alternating with milk pouring into the baking bowl, mix well.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the dough.
- Pour hot water over it (do not mix)
- Cook on 350 for 30 minutes or until cake has risen through the brown sugar.
- You can test cake with tooth pick to see if it is done.
Jean’s Recipe File
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More