- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix this all in a bowl (at least 5 inches deep) that goes in the oven. (casserole dish will do; no covers)
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Mix together flour,salt and baking powder, add to sugar and shortening mix, alternating with milk pouring into the baking bowl, mix well.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the dough.
- Pour hot water over it (do not mix)
- Cook on 350 for 30 minutes or until cake has risen through the brown sugar.
- You can test cake with tooth pick to see if it is done.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More