- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nuts - chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot milk or water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Boil raisins in water slowly for 20 minutes. Stir in shortening and melt. Add baking soda. Cool.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Add egg, nuts and vanilla.
- Spread on greased baking sheet (10x12 with 1/2 inch sides) and bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While cookie is cooling slightly, mix glaze. Cover cookie with glaze before cutting into squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce