- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nuts - chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot milk or water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Boil raisins in water slowly for 20 minutes. Stir in shortening and melt. Add baking soda. Cool.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Add egg, nuts and vanilla.
- Spread on greased baking sheet (10x12 with 1/2 inch sides) and bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While cookie is cooling slightly, mix glaze. Cover cookie with glaze before cutting into squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More