- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix this all in a bowl (at least 5 inches deep) that goes in the oven. (casserole dish will do; no covers)
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Mix together flour,salt and baking powder, add to sugar and shortening mix, alternating with milk pouring into the baking bowl, mix well.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the dough.
- Pour hot water over it (do not mix)
- Cook on 350 for 30 minutes or until cake has risen through the brown sugar.
- You can test cake with tooth pick to see if it is done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
MidLife Road Trip's
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More