- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix this all in a bowl (at least 5 inches deep) that goes in the oven. (casserole dish will do; no covers)
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Mix together flour,salt and baking powder, add to sugar and shortening mix, alternating with milk pouring into the baking bowl, mix well.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the dough.
- Pour hot water over it (do not mix)
- Cook on 350 for 30 minutes or until cake has risen through the brown sugar.
- You can test cake with tooth pick to see if it is done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More