- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- Additional flour
- Additional oil
- 1 can (29 oz) whole tomatoes drained, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 4 Tbs. oil
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- Dash of salt
- Sift flour with salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in center.
- Dissolve yeast with sugar in ½ cup warm water.
- When mixture becomes foamy, pour into remaining 1 ½ cups warm water.
- Pour this mixture and oil into well.
- Stir with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Turn out on a floured surface and mix well with hands, if necessary adding just enough additional flour to make a smooth dough.
- Knead 7-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and rub top of dough with oil.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Spread each on on an oil 10x15 ½ inch baking sheet.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise 20 minutes.
- Brush top of dough with oil, then cover with pizza sauce.
- If desired, top with toppings.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes.
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil, then cook over medium-low heat 10-15 minutes.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015See More
BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Chocolate Chia Protein-Pudding
Bagel PizzaSee More