- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- Additional flour
- Additional oil
- 1 can (29 oz) whole tomatoes drained, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 4 Tbs. oil
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- Dash of salt
- Sift flour with salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in center.
- Dissolve yeast with sugar in ½ cup warm water.
- When mixture becomes foamy, pour into remaining 1 ½ cups warm water.
- Pour this mixture and oil into well.
- Stir with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Turn out on a floured surface and mix well with hands, if necessary adding just enough additional flour to make a smooth dough.
- Knead 7-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and rub top of dough with oil.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Spread each on on an oil 10x15 ½ inch baking sheet.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise 20 minutes.
- Brush top of dough with oil, then cover with pizza sauce.
- If desired, top with toppings.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes.
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil, then cook over medium-low heat 10-15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More