- Cooking Time: 6
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup of dry roasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup ( or a half a stick) of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk (reserve the egg white, you will need it later in this recipe!)
- 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of black poppy seeds
- In the bowl of your food processor fitted with the blade attachment, place the pistachios, butter, sugar and salt and process for about 2 minutes or until the pistachios are the size of meal.
- You will need to scrape the bowl several times!
- Add the one egg and the egg yolk and process till smooth, for roughly another 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, and now pulse, just until the mixture forms a single mass.
- Tip the dough out onto an unfloured, work surface and press and roll it into a log about 7 inches long.
- Brush the remaining egg white over the entire outer surface of the log.
- Pour the poppy seeds onto another clean area of work surface.
- Roll the log in the poppy seeds, pressing gently, making sure to coat the entire surface of the log.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- I actually popped mine in the freezer while I prepped for the photo shoot which took about a half an hour.
- When ready to bake these beauties, preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Remove the log from the freezer or fridge and place on a cutting board.
- With a small, sharp knife cut them into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Place them slightly apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- These do not spread at all. Bake until very light brown, about 5-7 minutes. Keep your eye on them.
- If over baked, the pistachios will lose their nutty flavor.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool the wafers on a wire rack.
- These wafers can be stored for up to 3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
NotesThese crackers are unique, pretty, savory and nutty! Snack on them alone or add them to a festive cheese platter!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More