- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 12 egg whites, room temp.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- Sift together flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Whip egg whites, salt, and vanilla on high while slowly add remaining sugar.
- Whip to stiff peaks.
- Fold in flour mixture and poppy seeds.
- Put batter in butter and floured pan or you can use ring molds.
- Bake 325 F until tops are golden brown.
- For the honeyed strawberries just take some sliced strawberries add a bit of honey and a pinch of fresh ground black pepper.
- Fresh local grown strawberries and a high quality honey make a big difference here.
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More