- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 12 egg whites, room temp.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- Sift together flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Whip egg whites, salt, and vanilla on high while slowly add remaining sugar.
- Whip to stiff peaks.
- Fold in flour mixture and poppy seeds.
- Put batter in butter and floured pan or you can use ring molds.
- Bake 325 F until tops are golden brown.
- For the honeyed strawberries just take some sliced strawberries add a bit of honey and a pinch of fresh ground black pepper.
- Fresh local grown strawberries and a high quality honey make a big difference here.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Short & SweetSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More