- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup poppy seeds (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted margarine (or butter) at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs, separated
- Dash of cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch x 2-inch cake pan or springform pan. Line the bottom with parchment or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Melt 6 ounces chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water. Grind poppy seeds in coffee grinder or processor for about 40 seconds or until they begin to pulverize and are partially ground.
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in poppy seeds and chocolate. In separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in a small amount of whites into chocolate mixture to lighten it, then gently fold in the rest. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out almost clean and top is cracked and crusty. A small amount of chocolate on the toothpick means cake will be moist and fudgy. Do NOT overbake.
- Remove to cooling rack and cool 10 minutes. Invert pan on rack and pull off paper. Cool completely. After cooling, at this point the cake may be wrapped and refrigerated for no more than 2 days, or may be frozen.
- Slice cake in half horizontally. Place top layer, cut side up, on serving plate lined with waxed paper. Spread cake with marmalade. Place bottom layer, smooth side up, on top
Notes(another recipe from my chef friend)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Decadent Desserts Made From
Cooking with Sabra
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More