- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease the bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In an extra-large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Make a well in the center of dry mixture, and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cooking oil, poppy seeds, vanilla, almond extract, and butter flavoring. Add egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into the prepared pans. Bake in 325 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight. Makes 32 servings. Freezes well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More