- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minuters
- •Steam in big Pot with some oil using with lid:
- •3 onions sliced thin
- •4-5 green pepper sliced long ways
- •Steam until almost done with lid, don't steam all the way. You will be steaming the meat yet and veggies will continue steaming.
- •you will need flank steak sliced down the center long ways. This will make two long pieces.
- •with a very sharp knife slice the meat VERY VERY THIN AND DIAGNOLLY. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE RECIPE. THERE IS ONE TIME I COULD NOT GET FLANK STEAK AND GOT TOP ROUND OR SERLOIN AND BUTCHER SLICED IT PAPER THIN AND THEN I SLICED IT IN STIPS WHEN I GOT IT HOME IT WAS LIKE BUTTER. USING THE RIGHT MEAT IS IMPORTANT IN THIS DISH. IT NEEDS TO BE VERY THIN AND CUT ON THE DIAGNOLLY.
- •WHEN THE MEAT IS CUT ADD & STIR IN THE MEAT SEPARATING IT TO THE STEAMING POT OF VEGETABLES AND RE COVER UNTIL NO LONGER PINK.
- •WHEN DONE OR JUST SLIGHTLY PINK HOW EVER YOU LIKE IT. MIX IN LARGE GLASS:
- •1 CUP SOY SAUCE
- •2 CUP WATER
- •SUGAR ABOUT 1 TABLESPOON OR TO TASTE
- •CORNSTARCH 3 TABLESPOONS OR ADD MORE IF TO THICK THIN WITH WATER
- •ADD SLURRY TO THE COOKED MEAT AND VEGGIES UNTIL THICK AND SLURRY TURNS CLEAR.
- •SERVE THIS WITH RICE.
- •THIS RECIPE HAS NO AMOUNTS REALLY IT GOES BY EYE AND YOU NEED TO ADJUST AMOUNTS OF SLURRY. IF ITS TO THICK THIN IT WITH WATER. IF TO THIN ADD MORE CORNSTARCH AND WATER.
- •BECAREFUL NOT TO OVER COOK THE VEGETABLES AND THE MEAT.
- 1.POPS RICE
- 2.SECRET IS
- 3.USUAL INGREDIENTS 2 CUPS OF WATER TO 1 CUP OF RICE.
- 4.COME TO A BOIL STIR ONLY ONCE! COVER AND COOK THE 20 MINUTES.
NotesThis is the real deal. Pop was a Filipino. He was a cook on the merchant marines. Then became a chef for many big time hotels in NYC as in Waldorf, four seasons and several others. We would walk in the house and your mouth would just water and you would open the pot and low and behold there would be fish heads bobbing. He made the best adobe EVER I never got his recipe before he passed. However I did get his pepper steak step by step. Pop was married to my moms best friend. There is no quanitiy just judge how many onion and peppers you like. Usuall one flank steak