- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 oz. sundried tomatoes
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1/2 qt. vegetable stock
- 1 large shallot, minced
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 c. Arborio rice
- 1/4 c. grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- In a large measuring cup, pour boiling water over porcinis and sundried tomatoes to rehydrate. Set aside for 10 minutes, until vegetables are plump. Remove vegetables from liquid, slice, and set aside. Add mushroom/tomato water to simmering vegetable stock in a small saucepan.
- In a separate saucepan, sautee shallots in olive oil until softened. Add porcinis and sundried tomatoes and sautee; add salt & pepper to taste. Add rice and stir to coat each grain with olive oil.
- Begin adding simmering broth to the saucepan, one cup at a time, stirring rice and vegetables frequently. As liquid evaporates, add more broth, stirring. Continue this process for approximately 10-15 minutes, until rice is tender and most of the broth has been absorbed (it is possible that you may not use all of the simmering broth). Risotto should have a creamy texture.
- Stir in cheese and serve immediately. Makes approximately 2 servings as a meal or 4 side servings.
NotesPantry Raid! Here's a standby recipe for those nights when you realize your refrigerator is empty of any fresh ingredients.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More