- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (about 1 lb.) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 lb. bacon, chopped
- 3 oz. smoked gouda, shredded
- fresh or dried parsley, to taste
- fresh or dried sage, to taste
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (optional)
- Cook the chopped bacon in a skillet and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Butterfly pork tenderloin and pound slightly to thin it out. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, sage and parsley. Top with the gouda and the cooked bacon.
- Starting at one end, roll the pork tenderloin up end to end (or tri-fold it, like you would a letter). Secure with kitchen twine or toothpicks.
- Here is where you have a couple options:
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the rolled up tenderloin and roast it in the oven until done (I do 140ish, I like my pork just a little pink and it will cook a little more when it's out of the oven).
- Rub the tenderloin with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Sear it in a hot pan to brown on all sides, and then put it in the oven to finish cooking.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the rolled up tenderloin and sear it in the super-delicious bacon fat to brown on all sides, and then move the skillet to the oven to finish cooking.
- After you remove the tenderloin from the oven, put it under a foil tent to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing it.
NotesPork Tenderloin Stuffed with Smoked Gouda and Bacon
Serves 4 if you are being good, 2 if you are being oinky ;)
Also in my blog: http://ellysaysopa.vox.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More