- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 can cooked black beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cup roasted, shredded pork
- 12 eight-inch soft corn tortillas
- tomato salsa, sour cream, and cheese for topping
- - Preheat oven to 350.- Rinse sweet potatoes with water in a colander to washaway any light syrup it was packed in.
- - Rinse black beans with water as well.
- - Combine potatoes, beans, garlic, onion and lemon juiceand process in food processor.
- - Place sweet potato mixture in a bowl and add seasonings.- Add shredded pork and fold into mixture.
- - Spray with nonstick spray a large baking dish.
- - Spoon about 2/3 to 3/4 C. of the filling into center ofeach tortilla, roll closed, and place seam side downin baking dish.
- - Cover tightly with foil & bake 30 min or until hot.
- - Serve topped with salsa, yogurt and cheese...or any of your fave toppings.
- I topped my enchiladas with Fage greek yogurt and shredded cheese, along side of a sweet corn, black bean and tomato salad
NotesAfter having leftovers and boring hot dogs the past couple days, today I made dinner using a unique recipe shared by my friend Cara. She introduced me to the idea of using sweet potatoes and black beans as fillings for burritos. Well, I felt adventurous and made pork filled enchiladas using sweet potatoes and black beans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More