- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Granny Smith apple (or Braeburn or Winesap), peeled, cored and cut into 4 thick rings
- 4 slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, cut to same size as apple rings
- 1 light coating of flour, for coating
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and shape into 8 balls. Flatten them into patties a little larger than the apple slices. Place an apple slice on 4 of the patties. Top each of the 4 patties with a slice of cheese and then top each with another patty making 4 burgers. Seal the edges of the 4 burgers by pinching the edges of the patties together.
- Dust each burger with a little flour. Barbeque on a grill or fry in a skillet with heated olive oil for 8 minutes per side.
- Make 4 servings. Each serving:
- 300 calories
- 6.5 g. carbohydrates
- 37 g. protein
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More