- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ground black pepper
- 2 (20 ounces) cans sauerkraut with juice, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, onion, rice, egg, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well and form into 2-inch balls.
- 2. For stove: Place one jar of the sauerkraut in a large pot over medium low heat. Then add the pork balls and cover with the other jar of sauerkraut. Simmer over medium low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 3. For slow cooker: Place one jar of sauerkraut in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the pork balls and top with the other jar of sauerkraut. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- **I didn't use the 1 teaspoon salt, figured there was enough salt in the sauerkraut. :)
NotesGot this off the Internet, not sure where.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More