- Cooking Time: 2 1/2 hours
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 3 lbs pokk shoulder
- 1 20 oz can poblano chiles
- 1 20 oz can Tomatillos
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 TSP CUMIN
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbl lard
- salt and pepper
- Sear pork in a pan with some oil and salt, and pepper. Place the pork in a heavy saucepot, fill with water until almost covered. Cook uncovered for 2 hours or until it starts to fall apart, drain and reserve some of the stock.
- In a blender combine Poblano chiles, Tomatillos, onion and spices and a little of the pork stock. Blend until smooth. Heat the lard in a skillet and cook the puree over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add to the pork.
- I serve this with fresh tomato, onion and cilantro with some lemon. Youcan add cheddar cheese or sour cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More