- Cooking Time: 2 1/2 hours
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 3 lbs pokk shoulder
- 1 20 oz can poblano chiles
- 1 20 oz can Tomatillos
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 TSP CUMIN
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbl lard
- salt and pepper
- Sear pork in a pan with some oil and salt, and pepper. Place the pork in a heavy saucepot, fill with water until almost covered. Cook uncovered for 2 hours or until it starts to fall apart, drain and reserve some of the stock.
- In a blender combine Poblano chiles, Tomatillos, onion and spices and a little of the pork stock. Blend until smooth. Heat the lard in a skillet and cook the puree over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add to the pork.
- I serve this with fresh tomato, onion and cilantro with some lemon. Youcan add cheddar cheese or sour cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More