- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 5 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp Shortening
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- dash Pepper
- 3/4 C uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1/4 C chopped green pepper
- 1 1lb 12 oz can (3 1/2 C)tomatoes
- Trim excess fat from chops.
- Slowly brown chops in melted shortening about 15 to 20 minutes; drain of excess fat.
- Combine salt, chili powder, and pepper; sprinkle over meat.
- Add rice, onion, and chopped green pepper.
- Pour tomatoes over.
- Cover and cook over low heat 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Til rice and meat are tender.
NotesA Better Homes and Gardens Recipe, My mom made this when I was growing up, then gave me the cookbook it was in so I still make it and its a family favorite.
Get Fit With Good Food!
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume OneSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More