- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup minced shallots (about 2)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- Add shallots, garlic, and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates. Add remaining 2 tablespoons flour and thyme to pan, and cook for 1 minute, stirring well. Combine chicken broth and Marsala, stirring until smooth. Gradually add broth mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Return pork to pan; cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
NotesServe with mashed potatoes. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More