- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this one in my Quick Cooking (1999) magazine. I was curious about the mushroom and french onion soups...they blended well together to make a rich gravy.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French Onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 2 baking dish. Combine the soups; pour over chops. Sprinkled with cheese. Cover and bake at 325º for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- **I put our oven on 350º and baked them for 45 minutes to an hour, they were well cooked.