Pork Chops in Orange Sauce
2 pork chops
¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1½ cups orange (or pineapple) juice
2½ tablespoons cider vinegar
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Place flour, ginger, paprika, salt, and pepper into a 1-gallon Ziploc bag; add pork chops and coat well.
1. Remove chops form bag and press flour mixture into chops.
3. In a skillet, add oil and heat on medium; add chops and brown on both sides.
4. Combine juice, vinegar, and brown sugar (may need more) in a bowl.
5. Take out about ½ cup of juice mixture and add about 2 tablespoons of flour mixture; blend until smooth.
6. Add remaining juice mixture to chops and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
7. Gradually stir in flour and juice mixture to thicken slightly for gravy.
8. Serve over rice with gravy.