Pork Chops in Orange Sauce
2 pork chops
¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon each of ground ginger, paprika, and salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1½ cups orange (or pineapple) juice
2½ tablespoons cider vinegar
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Place flour, ginger, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops and coat
well. Remove chops form bag and press flour mixture into chops.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add chops and brown on both sides.
3. Combine juice, vinegar, and brown sugar (may need more) in a bowl.
4. Put about ½ cup of the juice mixture in a measuring cup and add about 2 tablespoons of the flour
mixture; blend until smooth.
5. Add remaining juice mixture to chops and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Gradually stir in flour and
juice mixture to thicken slightly for gravy.
6. Serve over rice with gravy.