- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne -- or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6-8 oz. bone-in pork sirloin chops -- 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots -- minced
- 1/2 cup zinfandel
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar -- or to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Wondra Quick-mixing flour
- Combine chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper; rub onto chops.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and saute 4 min. on each side. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5-7 min. Remove chops, cover and keep warm in a 200º oven.
- Saute shallots in the pan over medium-high heat about 2 min.
- Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up any browned bits; add berries, broth, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 3 min. then coarsely mash.
- Add Wondra flour and simmer sauce till slightly thickened.
- Add butter and stir.
- Add chops back to pan and heat through.
- adapted by Marcy Kaminski from "Cuisine at home"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Koken met Oma
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More