- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne -- or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6-8 oz. bone-in pork sirloin chops -- 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots -- minced
- 1/2 cup zinfandel
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar -- or to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Wondra Quick-mixing flour
- Combine chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper; rub onto chops.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and saute 4 min. on each side. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5-7 min. Remove chops, cover and keep warm in a 200º oven.
- Saute shallots in the pan over medium-high heat about 2 min.
- Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up any browned bits; add berries, broth, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 3 min. then coarsely mash.
- Add Wondra flour and simmer sauce till slightly thickened.
- Add butter and stir.
- Add chops back to pan and heat through.
- adapted by Marcy Kaminski from "Cuisine at home"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More