- Cooking Time: 8-10 min
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 12 (1/2-inch thick) pork chops (I've used boneless center cut and bone-in rib chops
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Browned Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 3/8 lb. (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco hot sauce
- Combine the spices for seasoning mix. Sprinkle the pork chops with about 2 Tbsp. of the seasoning mix, patting it with your hands. Thoroughly combine the remaining mix with the flour in a pan and set aside. Heat serving plates in a 250 degrees F. oven.
- Heat about 1/4-inch oil in a very large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Just before frying each chop, dredge in the seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Fry in hot oil until dark golden brown and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. (Change the oil if sediment starts to burn.) Drain chops on paper towels. Make the Browned Garlic Butter Sauce and serve immediately.
- For the Browned Garlic Butter Sauce: Melt the butter in a 1-qt. saucepan over high heat until half melted, shaking the pan almost constantly. Add the garlic and continue to cook until butter is melted and foam on the surface is barely browned, about 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Stir in the parsley and Tabasco and cook until sauce is lightly browned and very foamy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and immediately drizzle over the pork chops. Yield: about 2/3 cup.
NotesMany years back I copied this recipe from a magazine...it might have been Bon Apetit or Gourmet, I can't remember. Anyway, this is such a delicious way to serve chops on those rare occasions that you want to indulge in the butter. I've served in for dinner parties and family gatherings to great reviews.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More