Pork Chops with Stuffing
2 pork steaks or chops
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces, divided
1 small onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
12 mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon parsley
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
5 slices bread, torn
½ can cream of celery soup
¾ cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides then set aside.
3. In another skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat; add onions and celery and sauté
a few minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and
pepper; sauté a few minutes, stirring often.
4. Scatter remaining 1 tablespoon of butter pieces over mixture; stir in until melted and ingredients are
well coated. Add bread cubes and blend in well. (You may need additional butter for moistness.)
5. Mix soup and broth in saucepan; heat on low.
6. Spray a small casserole dish with vegetable spray; spread dressing over bottom then lay chops on top
of dressing. Pour soup and broth mixture over top gradually, watching consistency (not thin or thick);
cover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until well heated.