- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 well trimmed bone in pork rib chops (about 2 pounds; each 1 inch thick)
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and rosemary; season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden brown, 6-8 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together broth and tomato paste. Pour mixture into skillet; stir in beans. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are coated evenly and sauce is thickened, 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, generously season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook pork (in 2 batches, if necessary) until just cooked through, 2 - 3 minutes per side. Serve on top of bean mixture.
NotesA simple, yet tasty meal for those hurried nights. The recipe comes from an Everyday Food Magazine from 2004.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More