- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 well trimmed bone in pork rib chops (about 2 pounds; each 1 inch thick)
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and rosemary; season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden brown, 6-8 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together broth and tomato paste. Pour mixture into skillet; stir in beans. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are coated evenly and sauce is thickened, 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, generously season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook pork (in 2 batches, if necessary) until just cooked through, 2 - 3 minutes per side. Serve on top of bean mixture.
NotesA simple, yet tasty meal for those hurried nights. The recipe comes from an Everyday Food Magazine from 2004.