- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: a lot
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb ground pork (or turkey but not just white meat)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped well
- garlic powder to taste, be generous
- ground pepper, just 2-3 twists of the grinder
- a pinch of sea salt
- ground ginger to taste, maybe a half to one teaspoon
- won ton wrappers--this will fill about 1 3/4 packages of skins
- canola oil
- Mix all ingredients except for wrappers and allow to sit in the refridgerator for at least 8 hours so the flavors meld.
- Put about 3/4 teaspoon of stuffing on each won ton wrapper and fold any way that you feel comfortable with.
- You can seal them or not. My friend does but I don't.
- Heat the canola oil in a fry pan, about 3" deep to just under medium heat.
- Fry the wontons slowly, turning frequently until they are lightly browned and you know the stuffing is cooked through.
- If you fry them too fast the skins will be too dark and crispy and the insides will not be done.
- Drain well.
- These can be reheated in the microwave for 40-50 seconds and they can be frozen once assembled and saved for later.
NotesWhen I moved to Florida I couldn't get my stuffed won tons so I had to make my own. I made up this recipe but you can add just about anything you want to it.
It's all about that protein
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More