- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryImportant: Get all ingredients in order before starting – it goes fast.
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 (4-oz) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. chopped parsley, divided
- 2 t. capers
- 1 t. grated lemon rind
- Black pepper
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in breadcrumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove the pork from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add shallots to pan; cook 30 seconds. Stir in broth and juice, scraping pan to loosen the browned bits. Stir in 1 1/2T. parsley, capers, rind and pepper, simmer 1 minute. Return pork to pan, cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle pork with 1 1/2 T. parsley.
- You must SAVE this recipe