- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 whole slabs pork baby back ribs
- Dry rub:
- 8 Tbsp. light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 Tbsp. kosher salt (I used 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. jalapeno seasoning (I didn't have this on hand so I used Emeril's Essence, which I made)
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed thyme
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Braising Liquid:
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 250º F.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down. Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour. In a microwave container, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 ½ hours.
- Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepot. Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until of a thick syrup consistency. Brush the glaze onto the ribs. Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly. Slice each slab into 2 rib bone portions. Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.
- This recipe makes several batches of dry rub. If more rub is needed, it can be extended by any amount, as long as the ration of 8:3:1 remains the same.
NotesThis recipe reminds me of ribs made with Chinese hoisin sauce, I think it has a similar taste. "Who Loves Ya Baby-Back?" from Good Eats-Alton Brown, foodnetwork.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Delightful DessertsSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More