- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. pork steak cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. shortening
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- garlic salt
- Mix all except garlic salt & brown.
- Put into baking pan.
- Sprinkle with flour & garlic salt to taste.
- Pour 2 cups of water over all & cover.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- After tender take off cover, raise oven temp to 450 & cook 30 minutes longer.
NotesMy mom used to make this recipe when I was at home many many moons ago. We always loved it. I have never seen the recipe anywhere else so I am thinking she made it up. I am glad she handed it down to me & I handed it down to my kids. Hope you try & enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More