- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. pork steak cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. shortening
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- garlic salt
- Mix all except garlic salt & brown.
- Put into baking pan.
- Sprinkle with flour & garlic salt to taste.
- Pour 2 cups of water over all & cover.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- After tender take off cover, raise oven temp to 450 & cook 30 minutes longer.
NotesMy mom used to make this recipe when I was at home many many moons ago. We always loved it. I have never seen the recipe anywhere else so I am thinking she made it up. I am glad she handed it down to me & I handed it down to my kids. Hope you try & enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More