- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1-1/2 lb. lean pork stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter (4 Tbsp.)
- 8 oz. canned button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-oz. can chicken broth
- 4 - 5 coarsely chopped carrots
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 12-inch oven-going skillet brown pork in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat, turning often. Remove pork from skillet. Add mushrooms, onions, carrots, and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth and browned pork. Bring pork mixture to boiling. Remove from heat; cover. Place skillet in oven. Bake for 50 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and Worcestershire sauce. Remove skillet from oven. Return skillet to stove top; uncover. Stir in flour mixture. Bring pork mixture to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Serve stew over hot cooked noodles.
NotesI found this recipe on recipes.com but altered it slightly to meet my family's taste buds.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More