- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ounces Pork Tenderloin, cut in strips
- 1lb White mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Small Onion, diced finely,
- 1 Pinch of Thyme
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 TBSP Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 1/2 TBSP of the butter.
- When hot, add onions and saute until they soften a little.
- Add mushrooms, some salt and pepper and the thyme.
- Cover and cook until the juice comes out ot the mushrooms.
- Remove mushrooms and onions and separate and save the liquid.
- Return pan to the stove and add the other 1/2 TBSP of butter.
- When it melts add the pork and cook until it takes on some color.
- Remove the pork and add the chicken broth and the juice from the mushrooms, bring to the boil and let reduce 4 to 5 minutes (keep your eye on it so that it doesn't burn).
- Add the cream and the meat and mushrooms and heat about 2 minutes until all is hot again.
- You can serve this with rice, noodles or potatoes.
- If you like, add a little white wine or brandy to the sauce while it is reducing.
NotesThis is sort of like a "Züricher Geschnelzeltes". A Swiss dish that cooks very quickly and is really delicious. This recipe makes 2 good sized servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More