- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (about 1 lb.) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 lb. bacon, chopped
- 3 oz. smoked gouda, shredded
- fresh or dried parsley, to taste
- fresh or dried sage, to taste
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (optional)
- Cook the chopped bacon in a skillet and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Butterfly pork tenderloin and pound slightly to thin it out. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, sage and parsley. Top with the gouda and the cooked bacon.
- Starting at one end, roll the pork tenderloin up end to end (or tri-fold it, like you would a letter). Secure with kitchen twine or toothpicks.
- Here is where you have a couple options:
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the rolled up tenderloin and roast it in the oven until done (I do 140ish, I like my pork just a little pink and it will cook a little more when it's out of the oven).
- Rub the tenderloin with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Sear it in a hot pan to brown on all sides, and then put it in the oven to finish cooking.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the rolled up tenderloin and sear it in the super-delicious bacon fat to brown on all sides, and then move the skillet to the oven to finish cooking.
- After you remove the tenderloin from the oven, put it under a foil tent to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing it.
NotesPork Tenderloin Stuffed with Smoked Gouda and Bacon
Serves 4 if you are being good, 2 if you are being oinky ;)
Also in my blog: http://ellysaysopa.vox.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More