- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- Cracked pepper
- Dijon Caper Sauce:
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 t. butter
- Pepper to taste
- 1 minced shallot, or ¼ c. minced onion
- 2 T. butter
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 3 T. Dijon mustard
- ¼ - ½ c. drained capers
- 1. Rub tenderloin with olive oil. Rub pressed garlic over tenderloin and then coat with cracked pepper. Allow tenderloin to come to room temperature 1 hour.
- 2. Cook in oven at 475˚F about 25 minutes (or 160 degree internal temperature), or grill on a gas grill.
- 3. For the sauce, sauté mushrooms in olive oil with garlic and 2 t. butter. Season with pepper and set aside.
- 4. Sauté shallot in 2 T. butter, pour in heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- 5. Reduce mixture to low, adding mushrooms. Stir occasionally until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- 6. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard and capers.
- 7. Serve sauce over pork medallions over wild rice.
NotesThis is a lovely dish and is very suitable for a more formal or holiday meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More