- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a lovely dish and is very suitable for a more formal or holiday meal.
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- Cracked pepper
- Dijon Caper Sauce:
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 t. butter
- Pepper to taste
- 1 minced shallot, or ¼ c. minced onion
- 2 T. butter
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 3 T. Dijon mustard
- ¼ - ½ c. drained capers
- 1. Rub tenderloin with olive oil. Rub pressed garlic over tenderloin and then coat with cracked pepper. Allow tenderloin to come to room temperature 1 hour.
- 2. Cook in oven at 475˚F about 25 minutes (or 160 degree internal temperature), or grill on a gas grill.
- 3. For the sauce, sauté mushrooms in olive oil with garlic and 2 t. butter. Season with pepper and set aside.
- 4. Sauté shallot in 2 T. butter, pour in heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- 5. Reduce mixture to low, adding mushrooms. Stir occasionally until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- 6. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard and capers.
- 7. Serve sauce over pork medallions over wild rice.