Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Caper Sauce
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a lovely dish and is very suitable for a more formal or holiday meal.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 lb. pork tenderloin
4 garlic cloves, pressed
Dijon Caper Sauce:
1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 T. olive oil
3-4 cloves minced garlic
2 t. butter
Pepper to taste
1 minced shallot, or ¼ c. minced onion
2 T. butter
2 c. heavy cream
3 T. Dijon mustard
¼ - ½ c. drained capers
1. Rub tenderloin with olive oil. Rub pressed garlic over tenderloin and then coat with cracked pepper. Allow tenderloin to come to room temperature 1 hour.
2. Cook in oven at 475˚F about 25 minutes (or 160 degree internal temperature), or grill on a gas grill.
3. For the sauce, sauté mushrooms in olive oil with garlic and 2 t. butter. Season with pepper and set aside.
4. Sauté shallot in 2 T. butter, pour in heavy cream and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce mixture to low, adding mushrooms. Stir occasionally until thickened (about 10 minutes).
6. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard and capers.
7. Serve sauce over pork medallions over wild rice.