- Cooking Time: 20-35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35
- 1. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2. 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3. 3 tablespoons flour
- 4. Salt and pepper
- 5. 1 onion, chopped
- 6. 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 7. 2 cups chicken stock or reduced-sodium canned broth
- 8. 2 cups water
- 9. 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10. 1/2 pound green cabbage, shredded
- 11. 1/2 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 12. 2 tart green apples, such as Granny Smith, unpeeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 13. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Toss pork tenderloin with 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add meat to the pan, and brown, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium-low, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion, and caraway seeds, if using, and cook until onion softens, about 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Stir in stock, water, mustard, cabbage, potatoes, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Add apples, and continue cooking, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in reserved pork cubes, any juices that have accumulated on the plate, and chopped parsley. Simmer stew gently until pork is heated through, about 2 minutes (cooking it longer will make it tough).
- Yield: 4 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More