- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 3
- 6 boneless, center-cut pork chops, about 3 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (7 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- Pinch dried thyme (optional)
- Season the pork chops on both sides with sugar and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chops on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the apple juice and heat to boiling. Stir in the baked beans, corn, vinegar and thyme, if desired.
- Stir briefly to combine the liquids in the pan. Simmer until the chops are firm to the touch (an internal temperature of 155°F), about 10 minutes, turning two or three times. Turn off the heat, cover for about five minutes as you finish preparing the meal; pork will come up to 160°F.
- When the chops are done remove them to a serving platter. If the bean mixture is too liquid, boil over high heat for a few minutes until lightly thickened, stirring often. Spoon the beans around the chops and serve.
NotesNot only is this one-pot dinner fast and easy, it includes 10 minutes of unattended simmering time for setting the table, supervising homework or taking care of other tasks. The chops cook right along with the baked beans and corn, and because these vegetables are canned (and therefore already cooked), as soon as the chops are done, dinner is served. This recipe also uses a great time-saving technique for browning meat. The trick is that the pork chops are sprinkled with a little brown sugar. Since brown sugar caramelizes easily, it makes the chops brown in record time.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 270; Total fat 10g; Saturated fat 3g; Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 690mg; Carbohydrate 2g; Fiber 4g; Protein 21g; Vitamin A 0%DV*; Vitamin C 8%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More