- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 2 ripe nectarines, halved and pitted
- 2 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch) cubed Simply Roasted Pork (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, ginger, vinegars, and mustard, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil evenly over fruit. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until well marked; let cool. Cut the fruit into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Combine fruit, Simply Roasted Pork, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl, tossing gently. Stir in couscous. Drizzle vinegar mixture over couscous mixture, tossing gently to coat. Chill 1 hour.
NotesThis would be great picnic fare. It's extremely flavorful, almost too much that I don't even think it needs the extra vinegar dressing. Make sure that the nectarines and peaches are ripe but not TOO ripe. My peaches did not stand up to slicing and the grill and came out mushy but still good. The base for this recipe is "Simply Roasted Pork" which I posted several months ago, along with some other recipes using the same pork recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More