- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 3 Ital. sausage links (hot or sweet -your choice), cut into 1/4 inch coins)
- 1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups beef broth (if using beans instead of pasta, reduce broth to 1 cup)
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 cups dried rotini pasta
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (base on your choice of sausage)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.) In a large heavy-bottom pot, heat 1 TBS oil over medium-high heat. Brown sausage on all sides for about 4 minutes, remove to a plate.
- 2.) Add other TBS oil and brown pork on all sides, about 4 minutes, remove to a plate w/ the sausage.
- 3.) Break up tomatoes and add along with garlic and bay leaf; cook for 3 minutes, stirring up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add broth, simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- 4.) Add in pasta, salt, cayenne and reserved meat.
- 5.) Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until pasta is tender. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- I like to make this several hours, if not the day before eating it as the flavors will continue to blend and most of the juices will be absorbed.
NotesWhile the traditional cassoulet is a rustic looking dish made with white beans and has poultry along with the pork, this one has rotini pasta instead and no chicken (b/c I was out of beans and chicken!). Serve with a loaf of crusty french bread and enjoy!
I like to make this several hours, if not the day before eating it as the flavors will continue to blend and most of the juices will be absorbed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More