- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 ounce (398 ml) can low sodium sauerkraut
- 2 apples, cored
- 1/2 cup (125 ml)apple juice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; cook pork chops for about 2 minutes or until lightly browened.
- Season with pepper.
- Remove to plate and set aside.
- Pour off fat from skillet.
- Drain and rinse sauerkraut.
- Slice apples crosswise.
- Add sauerkraut, apples, apple juice and caraway seeds to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Nestle pork chops into sauerkraut mixture.
- Add any juices accumulated on plate.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or until pork chops are tender and no longer pink inside.
NotesServe this hearty supper with garlic mashed potatoes and a salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More