- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 ounce (398 ml) can low sodium sauerkraut
- 2 apples, cored
- 1/2 cup (125 ml)apple juice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; cook pork chops for about 2 minutes or until lightly browened.
- Season with pepper.
- Remove to plate and set aside.
- Pour off fat from skillet.
- Drain and rinse sauerkraut.
- Slice apples crosswise.
- Add sauerkraut, apples, apple juice and caraway seeds to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Nestle pork chops into sauerkraut mixture.
- Add any juices accumulated on plate.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or until pork chops are tender and no longer pink inside.
NotesServe this hearty supper with garlic mashed potatoes and a salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More