Pork chops and Mushrooms in Puff Pastrty
2 boneless pork chops, thick-cut
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 bay leaf
2 slices bacon, chopped
10 mushrooms, chopped
⅛ cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon parsley
¼ teaspoon thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter for greasing a baking sheet
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten
1. Combine oil, lemon juice, and bay leaf in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish; mix well. Add chops and turn to
coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 or more hours, turning occasionally.
2. Sauté bacon in a skillet until almost crisp. Add mushrooms, onion, parsley, and thyme; cook until
tender. Add salt and pepper; cool and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Butter a heavy baking sheet.
5. Roll out pastry to a 15 x 13 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut in half crosswise to form
6. Remove chops from marinate and place each in center of pastry triangle. Season chops with salt and
pepper. Spoon an equal amount mushroom mixture over chops then brush edges with egg. Fold short ends
over pork, then long edges. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Brush top with egg. Bake
about 35 minutes or until golden brown and pork is done.